7/21/09

Staycation

The Boy made it through the night with no complications which is a huge relief as the docs said that the first 24 hours post-concussion were the sketchiest. So with the promise that he wouldn’t be doing anything to endanger his general brain health, we got him and The Girl packed for the annual end of summer sojourn to my parents’ house for the week.

Off to Alamosa I went yesterday to meet my mom for the kid hand-off. And even though I really, really need the week of peace and quiet and aloneness, it was hard for me to let them go. Three of the most important people in my life all in the same car outside of my line of sight, driving away from me. That was hard. But they got home ok of course and are letting the fun commence by going swimming today in an effort to combat the relentless heat.

And my children will have a grand time this week with their Nana and Papa just like they always do and I will have a nice quiet week. Not quite a vacation, but it will have to do for now. And my hopes are high that perhaps the stars will align and I’ll get a call for an interview or two this week. Something that will allow me to move forward even just the tiniest of steps.

I will watch sappy movies and let any excess tears that may exist out of my system. I’ll read. I will sit in my jammies all day if I want. I’ll clean and catch up with some friends. Hopefully I will get some good news that J had the baby and both new mama and babe are happy and healthy. I’ll construct my days however they happen to fit together and let the chips fall where they may.

By the end of the week hopefully I will have replaced the crabbiness with some renewed joy. Replaced the constant state of alert with some peace. Replaced the worn down fatigue with rejuvenation. Or at the very least, replaced the thick coating of dust on my entertainment center with a newly clean and shiny surface.

No comments: