7/9/09

7/8/09 - Caretaker Down!

***I crumpled into a sad little mass last night and could not even hold my laptop, so I'm sorry this is late, but better late than never right?***

I woke up this morning with what felt like a huge lump in my throat, and not in the verklempt can be reined in sort of way. In the it’s hard to swallow because it hurts and there is a foreign body lodged in my throat sort of way. It’s been coming and going throughout the day. And I figured I was probably getting sick, because you know, that would make sense for the caretaker to get sick at the absolute worst possible time right? Right. (A tight smile crossing my face while I rattle off a whole litany of cuss words in my head.) But I jumped right on the Echinacea, Vitamin C and garlic with the hopes to at least shorten the length of whatever pestilence had found me once again. Yes. I’m being dramatic. It’s freaking July; there should be NO sickness in my house!

The good thing is that my alma mater called me back today and did a phone interview right there and then. Which was unexpected. But in a good way. I hate waiting. I’m pretty sure I’ve fairly documented my overall lack of patience for you at least a dozen or more times at this point. We talked for about 15 minutes or so, she only had about 3 questions for me, but it was a good 15 minutes and she made it sound like she was going to recommend moving me into the face-to-face interviews portion of the process. As if she was reading my mind, she said “If you don’t hear from us for 2-3 weeks, PLEASE do not freak out, we WILL be in touch!” That was a nice piece of pacification that I’ll hold onto for dear life as the time stretches out and our checking account dwindles.

I’m just babbling away today. I think because as the day wears on, I’m starting to feel as though someone has locked me into a giant vice and is slowly tightening away on my entire body. I would say it felt as though I was hit by a truck, but that implies that the incident was over and it’s clearly not. I’m going to bed now.

No comments: