7/23/09

Babble, Babble, Babble

I don’t know what to write about today. My staycation is half over and I haven’t really done anything of use the entire time. I’ve been watching a lot of movies. My husband and I have been totally obsessed with the second season of Dexter and equally obsessed with the first season of Weeds. Now we are going to have to wait for Netflix to bring the next disks to us. I hate waiting. But I’m pretty sure I’ll get over it.

If you can’t tell already, this is just going to be a stream of consciousness post. Because I seriously just don’t have anything else for you today. I’ve turned my brain off while the kids are gone. I’m not really talking to anyone unless I have to. Since the kids have been gone, I’ve gone to Target and that is it. Normally this type of behavior is me hiding. Not wanting to deal with the world. But this time it is purely because I want the quiet. I want to not have to take care of anyone. I want to just hang out with zero expectations or responsibilities. I just want to be.

I have been in such constant emergency mode that I just needed some downtime. Serious, serious down time. And so that is what I’m doing. And I am being totally unapologetic about it. There is a huge to-do list that I probably should be working on. There are bills to pay. There is a garage sale to get organized so that we can get the sucker done, make some money and finally clean out our garage a bit. There is laundry and a very dirty house that are practically begging to be cleaned. There are just so many things that I have been putting off and shoving to the side that I should be doing. And I just flat refuse to do any of them. It sort of feels like I’m throwing a silent little temper tantrum. Quietly giving the finger to my sundry of responsibilities.

I don’t know. I’m totally just writing whatever comes out my fingers. Won’t you all be thrilled when I turn my brain back on?

No comments: