7/2/09

Movie Day

So I got all kinds of excited about the whole applying for a really great position with my alma mater thing. And then I get home today and check my email and see a message from the VP of Advancement asking me to resubmit my cover letter for the correct position.

Seriously?!?

I feel like such an ass.

I am usually so completely meticulous about things like that. I have never made a mistake like that before. And I am mortified that when I finally did make that sort of mistake, that it was for a job I really want and with my college for Christ sake.

I quickly fixed the cover letter and sent it right off to him. Sending a not so silent prayer to whoever was listening to please let them not hold this against me. Even though I know from very recent experience that employers are seriously cherry picking in this economy and any little, tiny thing will kick you out of the running; no matter how qualified you happen to be. So keep your fingers crossed for me on this one. I really need this. We really need this.

On a lighter note, we took the kids to see the new Ice Age movie today. And I was pretty sure I was going to hate it. Because let’s face it, even the first Ice Age wasn’t all that great and from the previews for the third one, it looked like they had given up on all attempts to be even remotely smart and funny and cut straight to the Three Stooges. Don’t get me wrong, I love The Three Stooges as much as the next guy, but I don’t really want to drop $50 (YES that is what it cost to take my kids, me, my husband and my mom to a movie) to watch them.

But I have to admit that it was sweet and silly and cute. It dove frequently into the shallow end of the funny pool, but overall it was a movie that I was glad I took my kids to. Dinosaurs, mammoth babies, Skratt and feeling like a real ass, great day all in all.

No comments: