3/15/09

Sick Mama

I am sick. And crabby. My children decided to practice the fine art of sharing and make sure I got my turn with the flu they’ve had for the last two weeks. I walked through the door shivering so hard my muscles were in knots on Friday night. I went straight to bed and my husband came and covered me with quilts and his arms and fed me Tylenol until I quit shaking.

So I’ve spent the last two days on the couch. Every time I try to get up I almost faint. And every time I move it hurts. I’ve gotten caught up on almost all of my DVR’d TV shows and I’ve watched more movies formatted to fit into a specific time slot than I care to count. I’ve gotten exactly nothing productive done, except my daily writing and posting on this blog. Which has to count for something I suppose.

But due to feeling completely crappy, my post for today is just going to be this. Random writing of whatever happens to run across my brain, down through my arms and out my fingers onto the keyboard. I always sort of feel like I’m cheating you when I do this. And I am sorry about that. But I’ve really got nothing else right now.

Much to my family’s dismay, I’m running on empty presently. On one hand at least I’m sick over a weekend, so I’m not having to manage being sick and two newly healthy and full of energy kiddos at the same time. On the other hand, I didn’t get to enjoy one single minute of the weekend. Except for getting my hair cut on Saturday morning. But even then, I mostly just sat there and did what I was told.

Some day quite soon, I hope, sickness will be fully banished from our house. And I’m hoping against hope that my husband does not get this. Because this sucks. Really, really sucks. And I’ve got to get on top of this quickly. I’ve got a lot to do over the next couple of weeks and I can’t be one with the couch much longer. Up and at ‘em, right?

No comments: