4/3/09

Treehouse

I am apparently working on living a life of leisure. I’m leaving today for a girl’s getaway weekend that I’ve been planning with a group of some of my favorite ladies for the last couple of months. The group of people and the place has morphed several times, even as late as just a couple of weeks ago. But we’re all set now. We’ve all agreed on what food we’re each bringing, what movies we want to see and what cocktails we’re set to sip by the fire.

We found this amazing house not too far from here that has its own private hot spring in the back yard. The owners named the house “The Treehouse.” It’s got to be one of the coolest mountain getaways that I’ve ever seen outside of the glitz and glam of HGTV. We’ve all been looking forward to this for weeks now.

I’m most looking forward to just letting myself retract a bit after the gigantic sized expansion of the silent retreat last week. Just being, relating to some lovely friends, laughing over tasty beverages and seriously good food and existing in this new skin that has been forming. Shifting it around a bit, filling out the edges, settling into seeing a new shadow by my side.

And I just can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to some good old fashioned girl time. It’s been too long since I’ve hung with my people.

Anyway, the cabin may or may not have Wi-Fi. So I’m bringing my laptop with me in the hopes that I’ll get to post every day, but there are no promises. I’m still going to be writing every day, but I can’t promise that I’ll be able to post every day. This time I’ll only be gone until Monday, so the three of you who read my blog over the weekend will be able to catch up on Monday or Tuesday on all of my treehouse exploits. Or lack thereof, get your minds out of the gutter people.

Hang in there; I’ll be back with all sorts of creative and fun stuff to write about in the coming weeks. My creative juices are percolating.

1 comment:

smallfishbigpond said...

I like my mind in the gutter!