4/18/09

4/17/09 - Vegas Baby

***I actually wrote this yesterday and then plum forgot to post it, sorry!!!***

My life of leisure is continuing. My mom has a conference in Las Vegas next weekend and she’s demanded that I join her. I said, twist my arm, hell yes I’m going. So I spent all day doing research. We’re going to stay an extra night after the conference, so I had find a hotel room in a fun place but for a reasonable amount of money since the only thing hotel rooms are used for in Vegas is sleeping (especially when you’re there with your mother). We ended up choosing the MGM Grand because the last time I was there I remembered thinking that I wanted to stay there the next time I came. And because it’s right smack dab in the middle of the strip. The room rates were reasonable and if for some reason we decided we didn’t want to leave the hotel there would be so much to do there we wouldn’t really miss the light of day.

And I spent some time researching shows, seeing what was going on and who was playing while we were going to be there. I immediately checked The House of Blues as we totally scored the last time and got to see Tommy Lee. And this time, Reverend Horton Heat will be playing which I would totally be into, but my mom not so much. Bon Jovi is playing the Hard Rock Hotel while we’re there as well, and as much as my inner tween would love to see him, I’m just not ready to spent money on those concert tickets.

So in the end we decided to allot the majority of our fun money to food. Making reservations at Masaharu Morimoto’s Sushi Roku, Rick Moonen’s RM Seafood Restaurant, Michael Mina’s SeaBlue and Hubert Keller’s Fleur de Lys. My mouth is watering just typing all of that. I spent much of the afternoon pouring over lists of restaurants and restaurant reviews to find the ones that I absolutely could not leave without trying. The only one really missing from the list is Joel Robuchon, but that is entirely outside of my budget.

It’s a good thing there will be a treadmill close at hand.

No comments: