5/2/09

Sigh...

I have a ridiculously large crush on Hugh Jackman. I just adore everything about him. He’s just about one of the most charismatic actors ever. And he’s almost hurt your eyes gorgeous. To top it all off, he’s just over the top talented. He sings. He dances. He can play everything from Wolverine and Van Helsing to Curly and Leopold. Every single interview I’ve ever seen with him shows him to be just the most down to earth, kind and funny man. Seriously. It’s ridiculous the amount of twitterpation this guy stirs up in me.

My husband and I went to see his new movie, Wolverine today. The critics pretty much hated it across the board. Which means that they’ve hated his last two movies (they also raked Australia over the coals, which I loved because not only can Hugh Jackman do no wrong in my eyes, but neither can the director, Baz Luhrman), which is just not very nice. I always get worried when the reviews come back badly for a movie I really want to see. Which doesn’t really make any sense as I always go see the movies regardless of what the silly critics say about it.

Now granted, I’ve only been learning about comic books and the characters therein for a relatively limited time, so I don’t have the serious fan criteria that some do when a movie like this comes out. But I gotta say that I just loved it. The only thing I didn’t like about it was that it was too damn short. But other than that, I thought it was awesome. The effects were great. The action scenes were gasp inducing. Most of the characters were really well developed and nicely played. Liev Schrieber as Sabertooth was just flat amazing. I wish they had given Ryan Reynolds more to do as I’ve loved him since he was Berg on Two Guys, A Girl and A Pizza Place.

I had to come home and watch the first of the X-Men movies. So not only did I get a double dose of superheroes today, but also of Hugh Jackman. Now that’s a lovely way to spend a Saturday evening.

No comments: